Do you feel like there is always something holding you back? Is your confidence constantly on the low end of the spectrum? It’s time for a change. Let’s talk about how to increase confidence and why it matters so much.
First, let’s define what exactly confidence is: “confidence- having or showing assurance; self-assurance.” This definition speaks volumes – if we’re not confident in our abilities, then we won’t be able to achieve anything! Confidence can be increased by looking at both external and internal factors. External factors include things such as social support, intelligence, appearance, or performance level. Internal factors are more abstract but can still affect one’s sense of self-worth and self-esteem greatly including emotional intelligence, resilience.
There are many ways to increase self-confidence, and it is important to find a method that works for you. Self-confidence can be increased in many different ways including:
1) Taking care of your body by staying healthy
2) Being nice to yourself when you make mistakes
3) Getting rid of negative thoughts
4) Setting goals
5) Being thankful
6) Recognizing what you do have instead of focusing on what you don’t have
7) Giving up blame
9) Finding interests and passions
10) Practicing mindfulness
12) Talking about your problems with others.
13) Complimenting other people
14) Learning new things